He spoke about his first business, Grameen Bank, which earned him the Nobel Peace Prize for building a bank which lends money, not to make money, but to help people. He started Grameen Bank with $27 dollars and today it has over 13 Billion in annual revenues, loaning primarily to women with no collateral.
Here are a few tidbits:
- "Whenever I see a problem I create a business to solve it."
- "The problem with philanthropy is that the money only goes one way. Repetition and expansion become difficult."
- "Making money makes you happy, but helping others makes you super happy."
- "We are at the stage in human existence where the distance between possible and impossible is shrinking. No one should be poor, illiterate, unemployed."
- "These things exist because of the system and we need to change that system!"
- "Come up with an idea that will solve the problem for 5 people. Then repeat it."