Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Sipping my orange juice
I am grateful for the farmers
And all those working in fields and orchards

Dressing
I give thanks to the weavers and the sewers
The cobblers, designers, and makers of soap

Driving to work
I am grateful for the builders of bridges and roads
The trash haulers, truckers, school bus drivers
And the wonderful people at National Public Radio

Sitting at my desk
I am grateful for the opportunity to make a difference
For clients, professionals, partners
And friends I am surrounded by each day

At meetings throughout the day
I give thanks for the risk-takers, the problem-solvers
People who work with integrity and passion to get the job done

Working late
I am grateful for loving what I do
And chefs everywhere making dinners with love

Seeing my son
I am grateful for teachers and coaches
And everyone who works to serve others

At the close of the day
I am deeply grateful for the 99% who care deeply
And are working hard to craft a better future for us all

- Kate Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment